Friday 10 June 2011

Jessica GELeration Nails

Last week I tried out Jessica GELeration soak-off gel polish for the first time and so far I'm loving it!

GELeration is a self-levelling gel designed to be chip, peel, and fade resistant.  It dries in seconds under UV light and lasts approximately three weeks.


Picture courtesy of Jessica Cosmetics

The nails have to be carefully prepared before the gel is applied to ensure it will adhere properly and not lift. After shaping and buffing the nails, the GELeration process begins...
  • CLARIFY - A cleanser is used to clean the natural nail.
  • PREP - A nail primer solution is applied to prepare the nail plate.  It removes excess moisture and balances the pH level. 
  • START - A base coat is then put on to create optimum adhesion whilst allowing nails to keep their flexibility.
  • COLOUR - The gel polish is applied.  GELeration is currently available in 26 colours
  • FINISH - A top coat is used to seal in the GELeration polish and leave a high shine.
  • CLARIFY - A cleanser is wiped over the nails to remove any sticky residue. 

The whole process was surprising quick, taking about 45 minutes.  I put this down to two things...
  1. Having a skilled nail technician.
  2. The gels come ready in bottles, just like nail varnish, so there's no fiddling around with pots of gel and cleaning of brushes.
The best part is that your nails are dry in seconds so you can walk straight out the salon and get on with your day.  I'm always botching my nail varnish as I get restless waiting for it to dry!

Here are my nails with the GELeration in French:


Day One

I'll be posting a photo each week so you can see how they hold up...

xBBx


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Here are my nails seven days after GELeration was applied.  They have not chipped or lifted at all and are still very glossy.  If you look closely you can see where the gel has started to grow out a little.  I remain impressed!
Day Seven
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Here are my nails fourteen days after GELeration was applied.  The gels have grown out quite a lot at this point, although my nails do grow very quickly so not everyone will have so much natural nail showing after two weeks. 

Day Fourteen

I have a small chip in my thumb that has resulted in the gel starting to lift a little but it's not very noticeable. 


Up close after fourteen days.  The gel is lifting slightly on my thumb nail.


I'm not sure the gels will last another week and I'm getting the urge to take them off now as I can see a fair bit of natural nail.  We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Hey wats the dif wit geleration or shellac ? Is one better ?

    ReplyDelete